Barbara & Larry Hall, Lead Donors.
VISION. That is how this Fund came to be. A shared vision that with financial support, can create new ways of doing things in Southern Georgian Bay to make us the healthiest community in Canada.
Information for donors who want to support a legacy of innovation.
The CGMH Wellness Innovation Fund was created by Larry and Barbara Hall in December 2016 with a generous $100,000 gift. The Fund was established to provide seed monies to initiate or support projects that will significantly contribute to enhancing the wellness of CGMH patients, community members and visitors of the South Georgian Bay community. Income generated by the Fund will be used annually to support selected innovative wellness enhancement initiatives. Emphasis will be placed on selecting projects that will stimulate creative, collaborative and innovative models and methods that will provide improved wellness outcomes.
What does an “innovative” wellness project look like?
An excellent, yet very challenging question. To specifically define this would result in limiting the creativity, collaboration and innovation that the Fund is designed to stimulate. To balance the need for creativity with the equally important need for specific and measurable wellness improvement outcomes, the Fund Advisory Committee has developed a comprehensive set of criteria to select successful projects and evaluate proposed outcomes.
“Over the next few years, in an increasingly digital world, health care and community leaders will manage a fundamental rebalancing of wellness ownership from health care professionals and institutions toward individuals and communities. Barb and I want to help these leaders in this journey by helping to define, fund and implement innovation that will foster improved wellness outcomes for citizens in, and visitors to, Southern Georgian Bay. We invite donors in our community to join us to help in this wellness innovation journey,” – Larry and Barbara Hall.
Interested in investing in the CGMH Wellness Innovation Fund?
Donors that decide to give to this Fund before the end of 2018 will be doubling their philanthropic investment because the Halls have also pledged up to $75,000 in matching funds. The goal is to grow the Fund as quickly as possible to a minimum of $250,000.The larger the endowment, the more funds that can be granted to innovative community wellness projects.
You can support the CGMH Wellness Innovation Fund with an outright gift now or as a legacy gift in your estate plan. Many donors are finding that gifts of marketable securities or insurance policies are an attractive and effective way to achieve both their philanthropic and financial goals. Smart philanthropy!
Please email email@example.com, to discuss a gift towards the CGMH Wellness Innovation Fund.
- Lead applicant is defined as the group submitting the proposal and responsible for the project/program’s management
- Lead applicant must be located within core CGMH Service Area (Collingwood, Wasaga Beach, The Blue Mountains, Clearview Township and neighboring communities in the Municipality of the Grey Highlands).
- Preference will be given to not for profit or charitable organizations. Applicants residing within for-profit organizations will be required to apply through a not for profit sponsor organization.
- Take place within the CGMH Service Area
- Enhance health and wellness for patients, citizens or visitors to the core service area
- Be clearly innovative and collaborative in nature
- For programs/projects currently in existence, the proposal must decrease delivery costs and/or improve effectiveness
- The purpose or core outcome of the proposal must not be to increase revenue for a for-profit organization or individual