How to apply for the Wellness Innovation Fund.
The CGMH Wellness Innovation Fund has been established to provide seed monies to initiate or support projects and/or programs that will significantly contribute to enhancing the wellness of Collingwood General & Marine Hospital (CGMH) patients and/or citizens of the South Georgian Bay community. Income generated by the Fund will be used annually to support selected innovative wellness enhancement initiatives and partnerships. Emphasis will be placed on selecting projects and programs that stimulate creative, collaborative and innovative models and methods both within CGMH and in partnership with agencies, organizations and citizen groups within the South Georgian Bay Communities. The CGMH Foundation President & CEO will be responsible to vet all applications prior to presentation to the Fund Advisory Committee for discussion and evaluation. Vetting will be done in consultation with the CGMH Senior Leadership Team.
- $10,000/year is the maximum that may be designated for any one proposal.
- Multi-year funding is available for up to three years, however, applicants must report annually to ensure that outcomes are being achieved.
- Granted funds must be spent within the calendar year they are provided as outlined in the approved grant application.
- Lead applicant is defined as the group submitting the proposal and responsible for the project/program’s management.
- The Lead applicant is encouraged to partner with other community organizations.
- Lead applicant must be located within core CGMH Service Area (Collingwood, Wasaga Beach, The Blue Mountains, Clearview Township and neighbouring communities in the Municipality of the Grey Highlands).
- Preference will be given to not-for-profit or charitable organizations. Applicants residing within for-profit organizations will be required to apply through a not-for-profit sponsor organization.
Project/program outcomes must:
- Enhance health and wellness for patients, citizens or visitors to the core service area.
- Improve programs/projects currently in existence (must decrease delivery costs and/or improve effectiveness).
- Not be for the purpose of revenue growth for a for-profit organization or individual.
The Fund is designed to provide seed funding to help launch innovative wellness-focused projects and programs or to improve existing programs. Preference will be given to projects/programs that have well thought out financial sustainability plans.
Application Process & Timeline
- Grant applications will be available on the CGMH Foundation website with a submission deadline of December 31st.
- The Fund Advisory Committee will review and evaluate vetted applications and choose successful applicant(s) by January 31st.
- Successful applicant(s) will be notified by February 14th.
- Successful applicants must return a signed Grant Agreement before funds will be released.
- Upon receipt of the signed Grant Agreement a community announcement of the successful project(s) will be made.
Grant Scoring Criteria
The following criteria will be used to score the grants:
- Proposed project/initiative is clearly forward thinking, unique and builds sustainable innovation wellness leadership.
- Wellness improvement outcomes are specific, measurable and have defined evaluation criteria.
- Proposed outcomes directly relate to improving the health and wellness of residents and visitors to the CGMH service communities.
- Proposal includes a comprehensive budget.
- Proposal includes an ongoing financial sustainability plan for the project/program.
- Proposal is collaborative and includes two or more not for profit or charitable organization stakeholders or partners.
- Proposal includes a plan to recognize the contribution of the CGMH Wellness Innovation Fund.